the art of conversation


 
We discovered one thing we do a heck of a lot more when we have no computer in the house - talking on the phone. I use email a lot and had become shocking at getting around to using the phone. In this house that means using the old dinosaur with a cord, the one we installed after the earthquakes (the corded phones don't require power).
Being stuck near the phone socket had me enjoying the stillness and relaxing into the conversation at hand rather than becoming distracted with "jobs" around the house while talking. Yes, I'm still working on the monotasking. Believe me, the purported effeciency of multi-tasking is a myth - I've tested it plenty :)
The girls also enjoyed the phonecalls - developing the art of telephone conversation while waiting for their toast to pop can be the perfect start to the day apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment